Because of the use of volumes the .img files (and everything else) will stay around on disk even when you do `docker rm pigen_work`. Passing `-v` deletes the volume as well and frees up disk space.
Added some documentation of environment variables to README.md,
specifically WORK_DIR and DEPLOY_DIR. Explicitly did not include
SCRIPT_DIR at this time because that appears to require some small work
before it can be changed.
Took the chance for some other syntax cleanups while I was at it, mostly
breaking long lines and inserting whitespace where some Markdown parsers
* Added Docker support
- replaced necessity for devicemapper (through kpartx) by using parted and
losetup with offsets
- added Dockerfile
- added dependency for parted and grep
- added hints to README.md
- common: loop through unmounts, fix shellcheck warnings
* stage2: use debconf instead of console-setup patch. Fixes#41
* Add MAX_STAGES variable
If set, only runs up to that stage
* Show "Skipping stageX" message for all skipped stages
* Add RUN_STAGE variable to run a single stage
* Document RUN_STAGE and MAX_STAGE
* Removed SKIP file support for main stage
* README.md: document config file
Still pretty sparse, but as this bit is necessary to actually use
pi-gen, here it is.
* README.md: Overview of Raspbian's stages
* README.md: Stages -> Raspbian Stages + heading
Decided that the Stages heading probably made more sense as being
retitled to refer specifically to Raspbian since it has no direct
bearing on pi-gen itself which could produce any Debianish system for
the pi, and also that there ought to be a Stage Anatomy section first
talking about the nuts and bolts of what goes into these stages.
Stage Anatomy is just a heading for now.
* README.md: Make Config section less conversational
Left the stage overview as it was since it's intended more as a plain
language explanation than a technically complete look. I believe that
kind of information is useful to have, but perhaps as README.md becomes
longer it may be advisable to move it to another location.